Welcome to Retro Game On!

Everything retro - big and small! Live from Perth, Australia!

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Saga Continues


I was feeling a bit empty when I woke up this morning. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Was it to with my eggs? My coffee? No.
As I was eating my eggs and drinking my coffee, I looked up the statistics for this blog and saw that I hadn't done a post in two weeks!
"That was it!" I yelled to myself, making the dog next door bark and a baby in the distance wail. Time to start writing!

Instead of a post about one particular subject, I thought I would just give a short sort of update on my current retro gaming lifestyle.
First off I received my solder sucker and my solder in the mail, now I can get onto hopefully finally playing my Game Gear. I've just got to suck out the amateurishness done solder job, give the mobo a bit of a clean and then solder the caps back in using the smaller in diameter solder I've bought.
I've also finally tracked down a copy of Shenmue for Dreamcast off eBay. Copies are fairly common but I always kept on getting snipped at the last second, I think it's in pretty high demand. In the end I just gave in and bought a cheapish Buy It Now. It's a bit more than I would of paid in a bid but its in excellent condition and isn't as near a rip off as some other Buy It Now's I saw. Some were around the $110 mark, no joke. It's been mailed to me as we speak.
I'm very excited to play it as I've wanted this since I originally got my Dreamcast, I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with getting some success with your Game Gear repair work - hopefully the extra tools will assist in getting it sorted :)

    Congrats on grabbing Shenmue as well - back in the day I picked it up as soon as it got a local release and have played through it several times - three times with my PAL version, and once with the Japanese version. Certainly put my amateurish Japanese skills to the test :)

    Bottom line - amazing game, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait, it should be arriving any day now.

    ReplyDelete